Today Larian Studios released more details about Baldur’s Gate 3 Early Access. The Steam page has been updated with the new details. Larian Studios mentioned that the Early Access isn’t going to be a polished experience. The purpose of Early Access is to allow Larian to iterate on the game, gather players’ feedback, debate with the players and internally with the team. Larian is unsure how long the game will be in Early Access. The game will be ready when it’s ready.
Here are the hightlights:
- Early Access will feature around 20-25 hours of gameplay.
- You can play single player or multiplayer (but no split-screen for now).
- Custom characters will consist of 6 classes and 9 races, with several subclasses and subraces included.
- You will be able to recruit 5 origin character as companions but you won’t be able to play as an origin character.
- You can play through Act 1, Act’s 2 and 3 are work in progress.
- The price of the game won’t change during and after Early Access.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is aiming to launch into Early Access on September 30, 2020.
If you missed the previous lengthy stream about the game, here’s the video: